A Newfoundland boil-up is also often referred to as a “Mug-up”. It is one of Newfoundland’s favourite traditions where a group of friends or family gather on a beach to enjoy tea and a snack over an open fire. On this adventure, you can look forward to sampling salt fish, lobster, capelin, cod cheeks, cod tongues, moose, mussels or cod. Each sampling will be accompanied by homemade bread, buns and preservatives. While your guide gets the fire going and prepares some traditional Newfoundland foods, feel free to walk about and take plenty of pictures.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Activity level: Easy
Notes: Lunch Included. Food allergies and preferences are accommodated with advance notification. Opportunity for viewing whales and photography.
- May: 12:30 pm & 4:30 pm
- June 1st to August 15th: 12:30 pm; 3:30 pm & 6:30 pm
- August 16th to September 30th: 12:30 pm & 4:30 pm
- $95.00 per person / plus tx.
- Children ages 4- 12: $47.50 per person / plus tx.
- Children under 3 years: free.
Reservations are required.
48 hours notice required for cancellation and full refund.